Specialist archaeological book services:
- CBA Publishing - Offers access to all of the various CBA publications, including books, papers and journals.
- Accolade Books - Specialist bioarchaeology online bookstore, stocking titles in the fields of osteology, funerary archaeology, paleopathology, medical history, zooarchaeology, site publications.
- Archaeology: An Introduction - An online companion for this well-received archaeological textbook, published by Routledge.
- Archaeopress - Publishers of the British Archaeological Reports series.
- Archetype Publications - Publisher and bookseller of books on the conservation of works of art and antiquities.
- BAR - Archaeopress - One of two publishers of British Archaeological Reports (B.A.R.), covering all areas of archaeology, all periods and most of the world. Also publishes a few other archaeological titles.
- Barbarossa Books - Military History, Military Vehicle and Modelling Books, DVDs and Magazines.
- David Brown Book Company, The - Distribution of Oxbow books outside Europe, based in North America.
- Heritage Marketing and Publications - A top source for archaeology books, publications, off prints and journals. In business since 1998, we specialize in many aspects of archaeological and heritage/historical related publications.
- History Today - The educational archive of articles of the magazine with news and study aids for teachers, students and enthusiasts.
- Indian Books Centre - A leading books suppliers from India since 1976, specialists in archaeology and the arts.
- Janette Ray - Antiquarian Rare and Out of Print books in architecture, heritage, culture and art.
- John and Erica Hedges Ltd - One of two publishers of British Archaeological Reports (B.A.R.), covering all areas of archaeology, all periods and most of the world.
- Local History Online - For news, resources, information, courses and nearly 1,000 local history links. Also a calendar of events and local history books for sale online. Local History Online has had a complete makeover to celebrate its twelfth birthday. We have kept all of the features which local historians find most useful, such as the Bookshop, Calendar of events, News, Getting started, Links to local history and related websites, Courses and Local History Magazine, and we have greatly expanded the Local history societies section, which now has direct links to over 650 society websites and contact details for an additional 560 societies. As part of the redevelopment, we have expanded and reorganised the Links section of the site, which now has over 300 entries.
- O. N. Books - Archaeological and Historical Booksellers
- Oxbow Books - Publisher and distributor of archaeology, classics and medieval titles.
- Pevsner Architectural Guides - Pevsner Architectural Guides to England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, as well as The Building Books Trust.
- Phillimore and Co. Ltd - Publisher and bookseller of British Local and Family History
- Sage Publications Ltd
- Sidestone Press - A publishing house based in the Netherlands dealing in postgraduate theses and reprint of rare or out-of-print antiquarian titles in both Dutch and English. Colour and B&White volumes, with digital online archives considered.
- The Archaeology Coursebook - A Routledge textbook website for the second edition, authored by Jim Grant, Sam Gorin and Neil Fleming.
- Western Academic and Specialist Press - Based in the UK, but ship worldwide and have a dedicated distributors for North America
- Wordwell Books - Established in 1986 as a publisher of books on Irish archaeology and heritage.
Last updated: 9 January 2012 by Seren Langley, Assistant Information Officer
Government | Government agencies & Royal Commissions
| Non-government organisations & representative bodies | Local government curators | Contracting units, trusts & consultancies | Standards & practice | University archaeology departments | Special interest groups, projects, services & national societies | Regional & local societies | Online journals & magazines | Specialist archaeological book services | Museums | Other online directories | Miscellaneous | Add a new URL
WWW Virtual Library: UK Archaeology
WWW Virtual Library: World Archaeology | WWW Virtual Library: European Archaeology